Monday, October 25, 2010

My Missionary Colleague (by Carol Anne Eby)


Ruth Blowers was certainly unique and one of the most interesting individuals I have ever met. She was my neighbor in Papua New Guinea, my colleague in ministry, and a dear sister in the Lord. I have so many wonderful memories of her.

She was funny, had such a big heart, and her walk with the Lord was an inspiration. I remember her pouring a pitcher of pink Kool-Aid over my 2-year old Tim's head when his fever went to dangerous levels from a Malaria attack. We were going up the Tun Mountain heading home from William Bromley's funeral. Poor Tim had pink tears but he survived from Aunt Ruth's quick action. She was like a second Mom to my kids loving them like her own.

I smile to myself when I think how she orchestrated her departure to Heaven. To have all her family near and having such good family time before it was time to say goodbye would be the way she wanted it. I know it was in God's hands, but I can see Ruth saying a special thank you to Jesus when she met Him. When we all meet her in Heaven, we can learn the real scoop!
Carol Anne Eby

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICE: You can add a separate tribute here in the comment option (instead of simply commenting on an existing tribute) and I will insert it as a separate post. OR, you can send to me at leddieboy@gmail.com.